Sunday, December 02, 2012

Sequels & Chocolate Gremlins

Ahoy thar, creatures of the internet,

It's currently 11:40 pm and I'm taking a short break from writing so that I can write a blog post. As mentioned the other day, I'm working on a sequel to The Sky Caller. As of this moment, I'm currently 89 words away from having written 35,000. My progress this time around is coming along much faster than it did when writing my first book - which took me approximately 3 years! I believe I've passed the halfway mark, unless my story decides there's more to tell, and I'm feeling really good about it. It's a bit more challenging though, since I'm focusing on two different character perspectives this time around. But it's still as fun and hard as ever!

I'm hoping that by the end of Christmas break I will have finished my first draft. The three weeks off I'm getting from college is going to be a welcomed break, and I can't wait to use up that spare time to write. Next to witnessing my daughter being birthed into the world before my very eyes, watching a story unfold before me is the best feeling ever. It just feels so good to watch your story take a life of its own and even surprise you. Even if no one ever likes my work, I'll always feel good knowing I built such an elaborate universe that at least captivates me. After I finish the second book, I have one more to go to finish the series.

But besides writing, Christmas is near! However, I'm excited and nervous about this. I'm excited because of the time I'll get to spend with family and the meals we'll share together. But I'm nervous because of the weight I'm going to put on because of it! Since September I've gone from weighing 260 lbs to right now weighing 224 lbs through exercise and healthier eating. But what the heck! Tis' the season! I'll just have to cross my fingers and hope the damage isn't too extensive. I'll blame it on the chocolate gremlins spreading mischief.

Now I must return to writing.

Au revoir!

No comments:

Post a Comment