Thursday, December 20, 2012

Holiday Challenge: Day 5

Hello, Creatures of the Internet,

I'm still three days ahead of schedule. Also, I'm about halfway finished and was able to outline the rest of the book chapter by chapter. And after doing a few number crunches, it might not reach to a full 40,000 words. Considering the average amount of words I'm writing per chapter, I'm estimating it'll bring me somewhere between 35,000 - 40,000. Which is still perfectly acceptable for a full length Novella and that's fine with me. So hopefully it'll be smooth sailing from here on out. But I know that's probably not going to be true.

It's amazing how many emotions a person can experience in such a condensed amount of time while writing a book. Yesterday, approximately during the span of 30 minutes, I experienced the happiness of wow-I'm-really-enjoying-this, then I hit a snag in dialogue which brought me to a depressed I-am-way-over-my-head & this-is-so-freaking-hard, then back again to an excited holy-crap-this-is-incredible! Ultimately, I think it's the stress of placing myself under a timer that's getting to me. But if I am determined to finish this before January 6th, then I got to stay focused because I knew it was never going to be easy. Although I have to admit, this might be the most rewarding experience I've had as a writer and this story might be the one I'm most proud of so far.

Your humble writing gremlin,
Scott

No comments:

Post a Comment