Sunday, July 05, 2015

What Have I Been Doing?

Hello creatures of the internet,

I happened to take a look at my blog tonight - something I very rarely ever do anymore. Why? What have I been up to since my last post, which was about a year and a half ago? Losing myself, really. Life has been so busy. Some really good things have happened, like getting a great job that'll let me support my family for the rest of our lives, along with some downers as well. But that's how it goes for everyone, right?

I'm currently at a crossroad in my life. Something internally that I feel will determine things I have no idea how to even explain. This sentence you're reading now has been re-written so many times because I'm trying not to let this turn into a really depressive, venting type post. I suppose what I really want to express is I have no idea when I'll be writing again. I could be another couple of years or maybe six. I wish I could be the type of writer that could write in any setting. But unfortunately for me, and it really gets me down that I can't put my mind to it anymore, I need my own space, which I don't have. I need to figure out how to set something up so that I can be in my zen again. Maybe this post will be a good motivator.

I do have a short story I wrote a year ago I plan on self-publishing on Smashwords.com again soon. I'm just waiting on a friend to draw a cover for me since Smashwords requires it.

To the very few who actually read/enjoy my things, I apologize for being away for so long. I hope to find myself again soon. Because if I don't, it might just kill me.

Your humble writing gremlin,

Scott J. Callaway

No comments:

Post a Comment